Pages

Thursday 4 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Activity 1: Ready to Roll
Watch the following three clips that were shown on the Ready to Roll programme:
When you have finished, rank the clips in order from your most favourite (#1) to your least favourite (#3). Post your rankings on your blog.
#1 Ray Columbus and the invaders
#2 Golden Harvest
#3 New Zealand Underdogs

Activity 2: Bell Bottom Pants
Fashion in the 1970s was quite unique. Take a look at the pictures of a ‘typical’ 1970s outfit and tell us, on your blog, two things that you like about 1970s fashion and two things that you don’t like about the fashion of the day. I am not a huge fan of the patterned pants. What about you?
The thing that I like about the 1970s outfit is that they are wearing jeans and those are the kind of pants that I like to wear.I also like that their shirts are one colour instead of multiple colour.
The thing I don't like about the 1970s outfit is that some of the colousr are dark brown and it just looks ugly.I also don't like how the jeans look like.

Bonus Activity: A Bilingual Schooling System
Think about your school. What is one thing that you would like change. Would you like to learn about different things? Maybe you think school should only be open 3 days a week?

On your blog, write a letter to your principal to try and convince him/her to make the change. Ensure that your letter is polite and respectful.
Dear Principal,
I would like to learn about different things everyday I'm at school.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Laki, thank you for writing a letter to your principal. It's great that you would like to learn about different things everyday you are at school. Could you tell us a bit more about what you might like to learn? Give us some examples. I can't wait to hear more about what you'd like to learn.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laki,

    Activity 1:
    You’ve organised your ranking into a list, I appreciate that detail and the fact that the song links are included in your post. Why were Ray Columbus and the Invaders ranked highest? Perhaps you could update your post to include a reason why each song is placed at its rank.

    Like you, Ray Columbus and the Invaders would top my ranking, because ‘She’s a Mod’ is such a classic kiwi song and incredibly catchy! Golden harvest would come in second because it was nice and upbeat, followed by New Zealand Underdogs in third, because I didn’t feel the mood of the song that much.

    Activity 2:
    Thank you for sharing your honest opinion of 1970s fashion. I’m sure they did have multi-coloured shirts, perhaps you could do a little research to see a varied range of clothes back then. You could even ask a family member. Also, I think it’d be a great idea to post more pictures to make your posts even more interesting!

    One thing I like about the clothes back then was the mix of vivid and dull colours in their clothing colour schemes. I definitely have a distaste for bell bottom pants though, I don’t think those will ever grow on me.. What do you think about bell bottoms?

    Just a reminder, there are a few days left to complete as many activities as you can before the programme ends on the 26th of January.

    Keep up the great work Laki!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete