Pages

Saturday 13 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 4 Day 4

Activity 1: Moana
Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?
The movie Moana is about a girl named Moana who is on a journey and she sails over the reek and meets the Demi God Maui who helps her on her journey.They fight monsters and then they find Maui's hook but then his hook broke because he tried to hit Teka which is one of the monsters and it got smashed so then once Teka died Te Whiti came to life and then gave Maui a new hook.
The main characters are Moana and Maui

Activity 2: Country Calendar
Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

I would like to be farmer because-
1.I like animals
2.I get to learn about different animals.

Bonus Activity: Singing a Different Tune
Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.
My favourite song is when I was your man by Bruno Mars.
 Lyrics-
I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
follow my lead
well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
cause we were just kids when we fell in love 

Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight
Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight


3 comments:

  1. Hey Laki, thank you for writing and sharing a brief description of the film Moana. I have seen it once, I really enjoyed it. Who is your favourite character? I like how you learn a bit about the legend of Maui too.

    How many times have you seen Moana?

    It's cool to read that you would like to be a farmer. I am not sure I would. I think I would find it too hard on the body and not very enjoyable waking up extra early every morning.

    Is there anything you wouldn't like about farming?

    Thank you, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laki,
    Bonus Activity - I see you like Bruno Mars, I like his new song with Cardi B called Finesse, it's algood song.

    Great work
    Jerome;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laki,

    Thank you for being diligent about typing out the lyrics to your favourite song, however this is not a song by Bruno Mars. Please correct the name of the artist and song and remember to include who wrote the song in order to earn full points for this activity.

    One of my favourite songs at the moment is ‘This is Me’ sung by Keala Settle, from the film ‘The Greatest Showman’. Have you heard it before? It’s a very uplifting song, here is a link:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEJd2RyGm8Q

    Let me know what you think of the song!

    Just a reminder, there are a few days left to complete as many activities as you can before the programme ends on the 26th of January.

    Keep up the good work, it’s been great reading all your posts!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete