Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learing Journey Day 1 New Zealand

Activity 1:  Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺



1.Many people come to visit New Zealand because Kiwis developed joy for the out doors and pleasure in activities that make the most of the amazing landscape.
2.Sir Edmund Hillary is the first person to climb Mount Everest, the world's highest mountain.
3.Kiwis have been finding out and making new things.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Laki and welcome back to the holiday blogging programme. It's great to have you blogging with us again! I can see that you've already posted a number of blogs - way to go!!

    I hope that you've learned some new, interesting facts about New Zealand and the rest of Auckland while you've been participating in the programme. I enjoyed reading the three facts that you posted on this blog. I agree that kiwis have been credited with inventing many new things. Apparently, it was a New Zealander who first invented the sport of bungy jumping. Have you ever tried it?

    I am a little bit scared of heights so I don't think that I'll be going bungy jumping any time soon! I have seen people do it, however, as there is a bungy jumping company that operates out of the Sky Tower in downtown Auckland. For about $200 you can pay to climb to the top of the tower and then jump off (in your bungy gear). If someone gave you $200, would you do it?!

    I'm looking forward to reading your answer and to reading all of your other blog posts. Keep up the great work, Laki!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel I have never been bungy jumping.If someone gave me $200 I will give some money to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laki,

    That is very generous of you! I think that you're also very brave to be willing to go bungy jumping. I don't think that I could do it even if people paid me $200!

    Thanks for writing back! I really appreciate it.

    Cheers ;)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete