Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 4 Bonus Activity

I think people should be banned from fishing in Farewell Spit.

Bonus Activity: Hector’s dolphins are a very special native animal found only in New Zealand. They are the smallest dolphin in the world measuring 1.5 metres long and they are quite rare. Sadly, many Hector’s dolphins are killed every year when they get caught in large fishing nets and can’t escape. Some people have argued that fishermen shouldn’t be allowed to fish in Farewell Spit in order to protect the dolphins living there. What do you think? On your blog, tell us whether you think that fishing in Farewell Spit should be banned (stopped).

3 comments:

  1. Nice Laki you are doing good you are beater than me in fact so well done Laki and I hope you win because your one is the best out of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cameron you have done well too.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Laki,

    Thank you for sharing your summary. I would really love for you to tell me more about what you think about Farewell spit in your own words. I can see that you had done great work researching information about Hector's dolphins. I would love to give you points for completing the activity.

    I look forward to reading more interesting facts Laki! Keep it up!

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete