Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 2 Activity 2

I would ask her...

1.Did you ever get sick in your journey.
2.Why did you want to sail around the world.
3.Did you like it sailing around the world.
4.Did you ever get some sleep.
5.Did your boat ever tip over.


Activity 2: As an island nation, New Zealand is completely surrounded by water. It is the perfect place for people who like to swim or to sail! While in Dargaville, recovering from your busy day of sightseeing, you notice a number sailboats going by. One of the boats is manned by a young German girl named Laura Dekker. At the age of fourteen she sailed around the world the entire world by herself. You can watch a short video clip about her adventures here: Laura Dekker sailing trip.   

Let’s imagine that you had the chance to interview Laura while in Dargaville. On your blog post five questions that you would ask her.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Laki,I like your work.Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laki,

    I really like the job that you did as well. You have come up with some great questions to ask Laura about her experiences on the boat. I, too, would love to ask her about how and where she slept and made meals. I wonder if she was able to cook food on the boat or if she could only eat pre-made meals. I also wonder if she ever got sick. I know that I would have felt ill if I had to be on a boat for hours at a time. I tend to get sea sick. What about you? Do you feel sick to your stomach if you sit in a car or on a bus or in a boat for too long?

    I hope not!

    Best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete