Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1

Activity 1:The first settlers
On your blog, post three facts that you learned about this interesting man. What other stories have you heard about Maui?

 1. Māui took a jawbone which his ancestor Murirangawhenua had given him.
2. Maui caught a fish that his grandmother Murirangawhenua said will be gifted to them.
3. Māui's giant fish became known as the North Island of Aotearoa, and Māui's canoe the South island.
4.Another Story of Maui that I have heard about was Maui and the Sun when Maui and his brothers made flax ropes and pulled the sun down so it can slow down.

Activity 2:Setting settlers

Dear Etuale,

I will be going on a trip to New Zealand.

They have asked been if they wanted to go on a trip so I said yes.

During the trip I was very terrified because the boat nearly flipped and everyone nearly went into the ocean. When we were on the trip I saw some shark fins so then I moved to other side of the boat on time we saw a giant wave and it splashed all over us. After a while it got dark I was very terrified before we he something so asked if anyone had flashlight or something and 3 people had one.
From Laki.

Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?
I want to be in a Waka Ama because it looks fun I want to get a Trophy. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laki,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you over summer. Looks like you have made a great start!

    Activity 1: You have some really good facts about Maui. I have also read the story about Maui and the Sun and I really enjoyed it. Did you have a favourite out of "Maui and the Great Fish" and "Maui and the Sun"? I think my favourite was "Maui and the Great Fish".

    Activity 2: Well done with your letter! It was interesting to read, you have a great imagination. Could you tell me something about how you felt when you went on this trip? Were you excited or nervous? Or both?!

    Activity 3: I think those are good reasons to want to be in a Waka Ama race. What sorts of skills do you think you would need to be in the race? I think the racers would have to be very strong. Can you think of any other things they would need to be?

    You have made a good start and I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Laki

    My name is Jolie and I go to Glen innes School. I am also doing the Summer learning Journey which is great. I just wanted to say amazing work. Keep up the great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo lelei Laki,
    I have read your fabulous work I think that you have done a wonderful letter to Etuale. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful work.

    kind regards Lily

    ReplyDelete