Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 2

Activity 1:The roaring 20s

Watch the trailer for Gold Rush. On your blog, tell us what you think the movie is about. There are no words spoken movie so you will need to pay careful attention to what the actors are doing! Do you think you would enjoy watching a silent film? Why/Why not?
I think I will enjoy this movie because people might be loud and you just need to watch in stead hearing anything.

Activity 2:Art Deco
On your blog, give the painting a rating out of 5 stars (1 star = terrible painting, 2 stars = pretty bad painting, 3 stars = okay painting, 4 stars = good painting and 5 stars = amazing painting). After you’ve rated the painting out of 5, tell us why you gave it that rating.
I will give the painting a 3 star because there is something next to her it's floating or something.

Bonus Activity:Crossing the Tasman 
Imagine that you were a member of the flight crew. Write a poem that describes how you would have felt when you landed safely in Christchurch after such a long trip. Remember, there are lots of different types of poems, and they don’t all have to rhyme. You can read more about different types of poems by clicking here.
Finally we landed
Luckily we landed
I was very scared
Gosh,I hope that never happens again
Happy that we land safely
Thank God we got here safely.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Laki, thanks for working so hard on the Summer Learning Journey programme. It has been great reading all your new blog posts.

    I like your honest opinion about the painting. I think I would give it three stars as well because I also find that floating thing next to her a little strange. What do you think it might be?

    What are some things that you like about the painting?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Laki,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, South Auckland) cluster manager. Alongside Billy, I have the absolute pleasure to be commenting on your blog.

    Activity 1: Popular Culture - The Silent Movie.
    I like that you mention you would like to watch more silent movies. I've responded to a few of these activities across a bunch of different clusters and I have to say that you're one of very few students who say that they would enjoy watching the film. I guess it's hard to compete with all of the action and noise going on in today's films.
    In order for me to reward you with full points, could you tell me what you think the movie is about?

    I'll keep monitoring this post, and eagerly await your response!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again Laki,

    I've just had the pleasure of reading your poem for the Bonus Activity: Crossing the Tasman.
    What a beautifully unique piece of poetry— I could really get a sense of your fear for crossing the Tasman, and could literally feel the relief when you landed. Well done!
    How did you feel about writing the piece of poetry? Have you written poetry before?

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete