Pages

Friday 29 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

Activity 1: VE Day!
On your blog, tell us all about your (imaginary) VE party. If it was me, I would invite all of my closest friends and family over to my house for a big barbecue. We would eat hamburgers and play basketball in the driveway. Some of us would probably walk to the local beach to play soccer on the beach and to go for a swim (if the weather was warm enough)!

If it was me,I would invite my friends and families and we would have a barbecue at the back and play games on the PS4 then we would eat some Tongan food and Cultural drinks like Otai go Beach and have a swim.

Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement
On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?
I would choose to wear the hats and suit so you can look nice and people will think that you are someone nice.

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth
I usually have a chocolate chip cookie with my tea. I love biscuits! What is your favourite sweet treat or dessert? Use google to find a recipe for it. Type the recipe out on your blog. Make sure you also include a picture.
Triffle
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
  • 8 cups cubed angel food cake
  • 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Image result for strawberry trifle recipes
1.In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
2.Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.Yield: 8-10 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Laki, awesome to see you're still blogging and completing activities. You've got a cool party planned for the completion of the second world war in Europe. What sort of Tongan food would you have? What would you cook on the barbecue? What games would you play on the ps4? I play Xbox a little bit.

    Yum! Trifle is delicious. I had one on Christmas Day it was excellent. It had cake and chocolate in it, among other things. When was the last time you had a trifle?

    Did you have much sweet food on Christmas Day?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Laki,

    Well done for getting so far with the activities of the Summer Learning Journey 2017-2018. You should be so proud of yourself for making it this far!

    I'm going to comment on your response to Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement.
    Thanks for telling us what you would prefer to wear, I enjoy that you're combining the fashion from the 1940s with modern fashion.
    In order to receive full points for this activity, can you tell us what you think people will be wearing in 65 years time?

    I'll be eagerly awaiting your response!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete