Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2 Activity 2

Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]

One of the most common plants found in New Zealand forests is the fern. It is a special, iconic symbol of New Zealand. You will find pictures of ferns on the jerseys of many famous sporting teams in New Zealand, including the New Zealand All Blacks.
Did you know that many of these teams also have the word ‘fern’ in their name? Use your best researching skills to find three New Zealand sporting teams who use the word ‘fern’ in their title.

On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.


Black Ferns || Rugby
Image result for Black Ferns
Silver Ferns || Netball Team
Image result for Silver Ferns
Football Ferns || Football(Soccer)
Image result for Football Ferns
Out of all 3 uniforms my favourite would probably be the Silver Ferns because of the silver ferns on the stomach.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laki,
    I am very proud of you because you are doing your blogging instead of playing fortnite. I agree that the Silver Ferns uniform is fascinating but I think Black Ferns have the best uniform. Besides that you are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christopher,
      Thank you for coming on my blog and leaving a comment. Of course I would be doing this instead of playing games. Other than that you are doing a great job yourself.
      Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Hey Laki,
    I like why your favourite is the Silver Ferns and my favourite uniforms out of all of them is the Silver Ferns too. What would your name be if you would create a sport team? Keep up the amazing work!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dianne,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I would probably name a team the Almighty ferns or something like that. I can see that you are also doing a great job on blogging.
      Keep it up!

      Delete
  3. Tena Koe Laki,

    This is Susie from the SLJ team. Well done on finding these three NZ sports teams with the word 'fern' in their title. I would have to agree with you that the Silver Ferns' uniform stands out the most because it has the biggest fern - it has caught my attention straight away!

    Were you able to find out what the fern represents? It certainly is a popular motif in many New Zealand designs and I wonder why! If you're not too sure, can you get back to me after a quick research? :)

    I look forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laki,
    Well done on finishing this activity. You did a great job on finding three New Zealand sports teams that have fern in there name. I like how you put the name of the sport the teams play next to their name. Also, I like the football ferns uniform the best because I love football. It's probably by favorite sport. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete