Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 1 Activity 2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
MY HOME TOWN: Auckland
It is so special to me because that is where all my friends and family are. Another reason why it is so special to me because there is a lot of delicious food to try such as McDonalds, KFC, Carls Jr, Burger King. It is special to me because there are lots of places to go like the Park or Sylvia Park where there is lots of awesome places to go.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Laki,

    Thank you for sharing this story about your hometown, Auckland. I come from a city named Busan which is located at the bottom of South Korea. It is a large port city well-known for its beaches, mountains and temples. Now that it's been over 8 years since I set foot in Auckland, I am happy to call this place my home.

    It is exciting to find out that you enjoy spending time with your friends and family at places like Sylvia Park. It is such a huge shopping mall, isn't it? I actually went there on Boxing Day and it was super crowded.

    Do you like to spend time outside in nature as well? Where is your favourite nature spot and what is your favourite thing to do during summer? I recently started to learn windsurfing and it is super fun! It took me quite a while to get used to controlling the sail but I'm slowly improving... Do you have any sports that you love to play?

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laki,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I agree with you, Auckland is a wonderful place and is definitely full of places where the food is delicious. Which company sells your favorite food? Also, what is your favorite place in Auckland? I like Rainbow's End because of all of the cool rides. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete